Monday, October 30, 2017

Tony Place

Tony Place, 21, is a Junior manufacturing engineering major at Texas State University
Q: Have you ever done a study abroad program?
A: "No, I've always thought about it though. I don't even think they have my classes in study abroad."

Q: Is that's what kept you from it?
A: "Yeah. I. don't really have any classes left that I think I could take in a program. I might if I looked but one class is like $4,500 and I'm not sure if that even covers everything. It's definitely money for me. I understand that it's going to be expensive if you're going across seas for a bit so $4,500 for everything is probably doable. At the same time, though, if you have tuition, bills and rent, it becomes really hard. It'd be worth it if you could solve every problem around going. The study part of study-abroad ruins it for me too. Like you get to explore this country but at the same time you still have homework to worry about. You're paying this much money for your vacation to be ruined. It's the lack of classes, the money and the studying that do it for me."

Q: What do you think students would benefit from studying abroad?
A: "I guess a credit? Really, the whole event is just for world experience. I mean, if it really costs $4,500 to stay a month out then it's worth looking at. I really do want to look into it but I'm running out of classes available for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment