Monday, October 30, 2017

Diverse Source Interviews




Stephanie Dardon By Anahi Hernandez-Rico




Name: Stephanie Dardon
Email: sad101@txstate.edu
Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic (Latino)
Gender: Female
Generation: 18-25
Geography: Guatemala City, Guatemala

Occupation: Student

Q: Have you had an internship, or participated in a Study Abroad or Study in America program?
A: "The only thing I have participated in an internship."
 "I intern at the elementary here in San Marcos, and I work closely with the counselor because that is kind of what I want to do when I grow up."


Q: What do you think should be done to make these programs more accessible to students?
A: "Definitely a lot of outreaches, and maybe like have certain people go into classes." 
"Speak out about what kind of programs there are because I don't think a lot of people know."
"Also if [they] could work closely with all of the [student] organizations...it would be cool to have certain people from the Study abroad come and talk about [that] kind of stuff."


Q: How do students benefit from these programs?
A: "I have never done [Study Abroad] but I believe that it would be beneficial, or that they would learn a lot with culture. Also just kind of learning how other people live and being in a different area besides just the US."
 "I think it is important because it broadens their knowledge about other people in general."


Q: Do you think there is a downfall to such programs?
A: "The only downfall would be the cost, but that just comes with what we do."



Garfield Harrison by Anahi Hernandez-Rico
Name: Garfield Harrison
Email: g_h112@txstate.edu
Race/Ethnicity: Black
Gender: Male
Generation: 18-25
Geography: Waxahachie, TX
Occupation: Student

Q: Have you had an internship, or participated in a Study Abroad or Study in America program?
A: "No I have not."


Q: What is stopping you from doing it?
A: "Time. I don't have the time."
"I wish I had the time to do it because it sounds really cool, but I have like planned like literally up to graduation."


Q: Is there something that could have been done to make the programs more accessible to you?
A: " No, not really."

Q: Do you think there is an upside, or a downside to these programs?
A: " I completely feel like there is an upside. You are getting out of your comfort zone. You are being able to be exposed to stuff that you normally wouldn't be exposed to here in America."
"[Being] able to experience something else is really good for, just like, not like yourself, but like helping you with jobs and stuff as well."








No comments:

Post a Comment