Monday, October 30, 2017

Diverse Sources Interviews

Alexis Contreres
18 years old
Biology major
Freshman

Q: Have you ever had an internship or participated in a Study Abroad program or Study in America program?
A: “I have not. I’m actually not able to because I’m in ROTC so we kind of do stuff over the summer.”

Q: If you weren’t in ROTC would you ever consider participating in one of these programs?
A: “Definitely. I’ve always wanted to travel. I guess stuff like that just really interests me, like going to other places and just learning what they do.”

Q: Do you see any downsides to study abroad programs?
A: “Other than the fact that my mom says it’s not safe, I don’t really see anything. Maybe the cost because that can be a lot sometimes.”  

Bre Gilpin
21 years old
Education major
Junior

Q: Have you ever participated in an internship or Study Abroad program?
A: “No.”

Q: Why not?
A: “I guess I did other programs that were kind of like an internship but not technically an internship so doing those things I got the same experience without an internship.”

Q: Do you see any benefits to study abroad programs?
A: “Yeah for sure. Taking classes in a different setting than here you would get more of a wider perspective on your major.”

Q: Besides cost, do you see any other downside to study abroad programs?
A: “I kind of wish there were more places you could go for study abroad. Education majors only go to South America but I want to go to Europe.”

Kelsey Stepney
21 years old
Education major
Senior

Q: Have you ever participated in an internship or Study Abroad program?
A: “No.”

Q: Why not?
A: “Study abroad is so much money.”

Q: Besides cost, do you see any other downside to study abroad programs?
A: “Not really. I don’t think there can be a downside. It’s all beneficial because you can take another culture and bring it your own classroom and that widens the children’s perspective.”

No comments:

Post a Comment