Monday, October 30, 2017

Interview Quotes


By Taylor Jacko & Connor Temple
tjj42@txstate.edu c_t131@txstate.edu


Ramiro De la cruz 
Ramiro De La Cruz, 18 year old freshman from Harlingen, Tx
"I'm pretty sure its something the school can do is make it (study abroad) accessible through financial aid because I know it doesn't cover everything."

 "If you are going abroad for your major or minor you can get credits for those classes while being somewhere else."




Kristen Scott 

Kristen Scott, 18 year old freshman from New Braunfels, Tx
"It (study abroad) shows students how to gain culture and experience new things over seas."
 
Kristen states that scholarships don't put themselves out there enough and students miss out on these opportunities.

"They need to make it more known to the students so they can go on these trips."




Mia Brown 
Mia Brown, 18 year old freshman from San Antonio, Tx
"you can learn different languages while your there ... I think just learning about different cultures is pretty badass."

"Not knowing the language of the country can be a down side."


Skyler Love

Skyler Love 23 year old graduate student from Arkansas.
"When I was getting my bachelors an internship was a class ... you were required to take internship to graduate."

Love explains how some internships, like hers, just look good on paper and don't actually provide skills that she could benefit from.

"I didn't benefit from my internship, if they were willing to show me the ropes I would have benefited more from it."

No comments:

Post a Comment