Monday, October 30, 2017

Diverse Sources Interviews


Alex Plunkett, photo by Kathleen Beverick

Name: Alex Plunkett
Race: White                                                                   
Gender: Male
Generation: 18-25
Occupation: Student
Major: Exercise and Sports Science


Q: "Have you had an internship or participated in the study abroad program?"
A: "No."

Q: "How do you think students could benefit from an internship or study abroad program?"
A: "An internship would give me experience. A study abroad would give me a look of what's outside the United States and Texas."

Q: "What do you think should be done to make these programs more accessible to students?"
A: "They're already pretty accessible. I know I've seen a lot of fliers out and they send a lot of emails out about them. I was going to do the study abroad in Spain this next summer for History, but I went ahead and took History here."

Q: "How do you think other students benefit from these programs?"
A: "It gets them out of San Marcos and it gets them a different look at the world."

Q: "What do you think the downsides to the programs are?"
A: "Study abroad is pretty expensive. Internships are time consuming but they're necessary."













Name: Daisy Silva
Race: Hispanic (Latino)
Gender: Female
Daisy Silva, photo by Kathleen Beverick
Generation: 18-25
Occupation: Student, Hotel Management
Major: International Studies


Q: "Have you had an internship, or studied in a study abroad or study in America program?"
A: "No."

Q: "Why haven't you participated and what stands in your way?"
A: "I haven't really researched or looked into it yet."

Q: "What do you think should be done to make these programs more accessible to students?"
A: "I guess more stands like this where you can just go up to someone. I know we get emails or we can go and ask questions or such."


Q: "How do students benefit from these programs?"
A: "I feel like it gets them some outside experience."

Q: "If you were to do either one, how do you think you would benefit?"
A: "It would really help me because I'm an International Studies student to go abroad to be able to see other countries and the way their infrastructure works. It can help with how I run a business here."

Q: "Do you plan on doing one?"
A: "Yes."

Q: "What is the downside of such programs?"
A: "For me, it would basically be the financial means for study abroad. Internships, I guess, would be a bit easier with trying to get hired by a company."

No comments:

Post a Comment