Monday, October 30, 2017

Alyssa Cornista

Alyssa Cornista's Study Abroad Interview

By: Fouad Ali- October 30, 2017

fouadali117@gmail.com

Alyssa Cornista (photo by: Fouad Ali)
23
Communication Design
Senior 
anc59@txstate.edu


Alyssa Cornista told me, "I studied abroad in Nagoya Japan, during June of this year, and I went to Nagoya to study Japanese." 

"With this program I stayed with a host family for a month While I was living with that host family I was living a Japanese lifestyle, like I was eating pure Japanese food. When it came to school time for the classes that I took, it was primarily grammar. I was in the advanced class so I was learning stuff that I learned and language that was new to me. I learned Kanji that I have seen before and I had yet to learned. Also, during my time there we also took a couple of trips to different places. I remember we went to the house that was in 'My Neighbor Totro'. We actually saw the house of Satsuki and Mei," said Cornista. 

"I'm minoring in Japanese and with [my Japanese teacher], shes always pushing her students to study abroad. She says, 'It's worth it; it's a once in a life time thing.' Also, if i hadn't gone then I wouldn't be able to graduate this semester and I didn't want to delay graduation any further and I really wanted to go to Japan anyways and this was my chance to go," said Cornista.

I'd say yes it is easy to get in. Yes, because if you are interested in the program and you committee and fill out the check list of what the study abroad office ask of you then you are already in the program," said Cornista.

"It's beneficial for me to study in Japan, because I had two classes left in the minor and those were the hard ones, like senor level class. I didn't want to take it because I had friends that said they hated it. If you go to japan it will be easier and you will spend more time learning Japanese," said Cornista. 

" The downside is you have to actually knowing the language. If you don't speak a little Japanese, it makes it harder. If you do plan on studying abroad in Japan then you need to finish at least intermediate Japanese," said Cornista. 





No comments:

Post a Comment