Monday, October 30, 2017

Diverse Source Interviews - Giulia Gasponi

By Justus Stafford
jas438@txstate.edu





















Giulia Gasponi
20
Finance
Junior
g_g247@txstate.edu

Q: Have you had an internship or participated in study abroad?
A: "No, my degree plan has me doing an internship my senior year."

Q: Why haven't you participated in study abroad?
A: "I feel like I want to use that time during the breaks to spend with my friends. I would get severe FOMO, if i see my friends hanging out while I'm somewhere else for the summer."

Q: What do you think should be done to make these programs more accessible to students?
A: "I would say letting people know about them more in their classes. I've heard people come into class and talk about study abroad, but its just so random. Its not consistent."

Q: How do students benefit from these programs?
A: " They get a really good experience in getting to travel and learn about other cultures in different parts of the world. They can even practice a foreign language and you grow a lot from the experience, being so far away from home."

Q: What are the downsides to such programs?
A: "A lot of students have obligations, such as rent. Even if they have to pay for this program they need to find a way to pay for rent for the months that they are gone. They also may experience emotional trauma from being so far away from home."


No comments:

Post a Comment