Monday, October 30, 2017

Diverse Sources

Mathew Christnacht
Taken By: Cruz Rojas
Matthew Christnacht
18 years old
Radiation Therapy - Student
Freshman
matthewchristnacht@hotmail.com

Q: Have you had an internship, or participated in a Study Abroad or Study in America program?

A: "No, I have not."

Q: Why have you not participated? What stands in the way?
A: "I haven’t had time and don’t know about any opportunities. I feel like it would take a big time commitment to learn about them."

Q: What do you think should be done to make these programs more accessible to students?
A: "I don’t know. I think maybe giving away stickers or something could increase interest. We need more awareness, so maybe representatives could stand in the quad."

Q: How do students benefit from these programs?
A: "They probably will see other cultures. It’s probably kind of cool to see what they learn over there."

Q: What are the downsides of such programs?
A: "Well, I mean, unless you have scholarships to do it, it’s pretty expensive. My sister paid a lot of money for it."


Lauren Reese
Taken By: Cruz Rojas
Lauren Reese
22 years old
Early Education – Student
Senior
lar141@txstate.edu

Q: Have you had an internship, or participated in a Study Abroad or Study in America program?
A: "No."

Q: Why have you not participated? What stands in the way?
A: "I’ve always thought about it, but it’s pretty expensive."

Q: What do you think should be done to make these programs more accessible to students?
A: "I guess if it cost about the same amount as a semester here, then I guess I could really think about doing it. I don’t want to be spending more money than I already am."

Q: How do students benefit from these programs?
A: "I think you get a lot of outside-of-school knowledge about culture and different ways that people live. I know some people that went to Spain, and they said that they learned Spanish really well because they were immersed in the environment. You can pick up things there that you can’t pick up in the classroom."

Q: What is the downside of such programs?
A: "Not that I can think of, no. I think everyone should be able to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment